1963 Ford Consul Cortina 1500 Super
This 1963 Consul Cortina looks stunning with its weathered patina effect paintwork which has been waxed to preserve the look the car has had only 4 owners in its long life & with its recent recommissioning is ready to be used and enjoyed by its new owner
practical, standard car
1963 Ford consul Cortina
Model: Consul Cortina 1500 super
Number of owners: 4
• This iconic British 4 door saloon is a UK car having only had 4 owners since new and never being restored with its seductive original patina paint effect bodywork
• Under the bonnet is the original 1.5L engine which has been uprated the most significant parts are larger pistons, polished conrods, high lift cam, port and polish, 1500gt manifold & weber carbs.
• Registered in 1963 in the United Kingdom
• It is in excellent mechanical condition, having recently undergone a full engine rebuild including new crank, Big end bearings and all replacement gaskets. All work has been carried out by Sports car services Elgin and Precision engineering Elgin, with receipts for all work done.
EQUIPMENT AND FEATURES
• This Mk1 Cortina has been subject to recent recommissioning to make it useable and safe concentrating on chassis with all large areas of rot cut out and new sections welded in with photographs, new brakes all round as well as fuel lines brake pipes tyres, engine rebuild, all new hoses gaskets, crank head gasket new uprated radiator and electronic ignition fitted.
• front is fitted with upgraded discs and callipers and sits nicely on coil overs.
• Freshly powder coated 13 inch Mini light wheels with two brand new Toyo tyres fitted on the front
• Inside, the cabin is fitted with a 3 spoke wooden steering wheel, and a brand new correct pile period carpet, the rest of the interior is in its original unrestored condition. The heater works perfectly having recently been fixed, the one gauge that does not work is the fuel gauge, this is believed to have something to do with the fact the tank has been upgraded from a mk1 to a mk2 tank in previous ownership.
• We can assist with shipping the vehicle anywhere in the world, so please enquire with any specific needs.
• No known bodywork damage.
• Original black unrestored patina paint work with a very weathered black vinyl roof.
• Recently replaced window seals and trims all of the present chrome is in good condition and polishes up well, it is missing on small piece from the rear drivers side corner and one from the front however I have replacement front parts.
• Inside, the Original seats are in good condition with just one small rip in rear bench side they are also a little faded the door cards are very faded and look almost salmon pink now, it is missing the passenger side sun visor and the low down by your feet next to the doors trim pieces, the two rear door kickplates are also missing.
• There are no bumpers currently on the car however I do have both front and rear which I acquired some time ago.
• All of the electrics currently work as they should.
• When I purchased the Cortina there was no service history bar some old mot certificates, The vehicle has recently had a service when the engine was rebuilt and won’t see many miles before she is sold.
I bought this car with great intentions as it was my mothers first car when she was 17, It has recently gone under extensive recommissioning work to make it in to the very useable classic you see today.
if you require more photo's & photo's of the chassis please ask there is also a youtube video of the car lease ask for link
This is a Very useable original classic British car which turns heads whenever I drive her. In her current condition she is ready to be driven and enjoyed or for someone with more time to pick up where I have left off and restore the vehicle to its former glory
We can assist with shipping this vehicle anywhere in the world please ask for details.